18 October 2012

ClockworkMod Recovery Custom ROM procedure


Everytime I install a new Rom, I double check to make sure it has a boot.img, then upon using CWM to install it, I first do the following(some of them are redundant, but I do so for good measure):


  • wipe data/factory reset
  • wipe cache partition
  • advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache
  • advanced > Wipe Battery Stats
  • mounts and storage > unmount cache
  • mounts and storage > format /boot (If the rom had a boot.img)
  • mounts and storage > format /cache
  • mounts and storage > format /data
  • mounts and storage > format /system


Then I install the ROM zip, and if I want GAPPS, I flash those afterward.
Then reboot.

This ensures that ALL data is gone, and it will not allow for unique bugs caused by remaining data from a previous rom.

from: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=32947067&postcount=11

No comments: